Care England has launched the #wecareforEngland campaign, starting with the publication of a new vision for social care.
This seeks reform in five areas:
- Sustainability: £7bn annual increase in social care funding
- Meaningful life: Quality service provision
- People: Ten-year workforce plan
- Integration: Reform of commissioning practice, data and information practice and service delivery.
- Innovation and investment: To provide certainty of funding.
Launching the vision to support the introduction of the Health & Care Bill to Parliament, Care England chief executive Professor Martin Green said: “Without a long-term commitment from Government to establish a sustainable social care sector the NHS will become increasingly burdened. We Care For England represents a foundation for meaningful reform. The sector is brimming with innovation, energy and commitment which Care England, with the help of its members, can harness.”