Five teams have been selected to present their tech innovations at The Care Show on 12-13 October at the NEC in Birmingham.
The teams have come together as part of the National Care Forum’s care innovation challenge, an initiative designed to stimulate care tech innovation.
The finalists are as follows:
- Team Care Tech Guide: an initiative to accelerate digital transformation in care.
- Team Chip: a cashless solution for adults with learning disabilities to support independent living
- Team Fall Free: a solution to prevent falls and fractures in older people
- Team Myghty: an app to foster employee recognition and team working to improve staff retention.
- Team Star: local re-ablement and assessments with housing for people living with dementia.
The winning team will receive £1,000 in prize money, media coverage and further mentoring to develop their idea.
Mentors included representatives from Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) through their National Co-production Advisory Group (NCAG) , as well as sponsors which include RWK Goodman, QCS, Person Centred Software, Marrgo, Home Instead, Hilton Nursing Partners, Hallmark Foundation, Greensleeves Care, Care Matched, Care Friends, BRAN Investment, Borough Care and apetito.
The Challenge, hosted by the Care Innovation Hub (CIH), was established in 2018 and is now run by the National Care Forum (NCF). Register your interest for the 2023 challenge by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org