England’s health and care staff are invited to feed in their views on five ‘key challenges’ in their working lives.
Via a new digital platform called ‘TalkHealthandCare’, staff are invited to post ideas, questions and challenges in the following areas:
- Staff are equipped to do their job: getting the basics right
- Staff feel safe and secure: working without fear of bullying, discrimination or violence
- Staff feel included and valued: belonging to an organisation that respects and values everyone’s contribution
- Staff are developed: having access to the training, development and support staff need
- Staff feel empowered: achieving their full potential.
‘TalkHealthandCare’ has been launched in recognition of feedback from staff via surveys and other routes, that far too often staff aren’t feeling valued at work. Among some of the known issues are shift patterns and juggling home and work lives, speeding up the use of helpful technologies, and training and development.
The Department of Health and Social Care is also launching a workforce panel to provide a personal sounding board on issues affecting health and care staff across the country.
Health and care staff can join the conversation online.