The National Care Association is seeking volunteers to join a special interest group to inform the development of a digital service for adult social care providers to support data protection. This project will run until March 2021.
All that is required of group members is enthusiasm – there is no need to have any specialist knowledge of the digital/data protection world. Members of the Special Interest Group will have opportunities, as appropriate, to:
- Receive invitations to meetings (virtual or face to face) with NHS Digital, NHS England and Department of Health and Social Care
- Have the opportunity to comment on documents, (specifications, implementation guides) and advice and guidance developed by the project
- Have the opportunity to implement (either at testing stage, pilot stage or as early adopters) systems under development or implementation by the NHS
- Receive priority support when piloting or testing these systems, ensuring you can implement systems efficiently
- Have the opportunity to help lead the journey in developing the social care provider sector’s digital roadmap
Particular areas we will be exploring include:
- Development of a website resource for social care providers. Focusing on supporting providers with buying IT resources, secure email, guidance on technology and data protection responsibilities
- Secure Email (including NHSmail)
- Access to the Summary Care Record and other electronic health records for social care providers
- The “digital maturity” of the sector, including developing and testing a digital maturity self-assessment tool.
- Data Security and Protection (including the Data Security and Protection Toolkit)
- Telehealth and assistive technologies
- Developing standards for the IT supplier market
- Providing advice on choosing an IT supplier for your business.
Interested care home providers are asked to complete a registration form by Tuesday 19 February.