Anchor has signed up to the Age-friendly Employer Pledge – a new nationwide programme run by the Centre for Ageing Better to make workplaces age-friendly.
Anchor is the first care home provider in the country to sign the pledge, which tasks organisations to do the following:
- Identify a senior sponsor for age-inclusion in our workforce – and publicly state a commitment to the pledge
- Ensure that age is specifically named within our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies
- Take action to improve the recruitment, retention and development of workers over 50
- Commit to take action in at least one of the following areas every year:
- Hire age-positively
- Be flexible about flexible working
- Encourage career development at all ages
- Ensure everyone has the health support they need
Dr Carole Easton, chief executive at the Centre for Ageing Better, said: “Older workers can bring much-needed skills and experience to an organisation. Businesses with a 10 per cent higher share of workers over 50 than the average are 1.1 per cent more productive – and multigenerational teams are the most innovative.