Pay and job bandings for care home workers in Wales have been proposed in a consultation to support the Welsh Government’s Rebalancing Care and Support Programme.
The framework specifies different job roles and includes the skills, values, knowledge, understanding, and typical tasks for each. It is possible that the framework can also be used for collective wage bargaining.
In the future, it will also include a career map of opportunities for progression in the sector. This draft does not yet include anticipated pay scales which will follow in a later version. The framework will be voluntary and limited, initially, to workers providing direct care
The framework aims to:
- improve recruitment and retention in social care
- support development of the workforce through continued improvement of skills and knowledge
- provide a clear progression route for those thinking of joining, or already in, the sector
- provide a simplified framework for employers and employees
- describe positive values of social care workers.
Submit your comments by 14 August 2023.