Scottish regulator the Care Inspectorate is holding a webinar on lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans (LGBT+) inclusion in care settings.
The LGBT + community are a diverse group of people with different identities, experiences and needs. The regulator says: “Understanding LGBT+ identities in care settings is important when delivering person centred care to ensure that people have better experiences and better outcomes, which meets their needs and wishes.”
The webinar will take place on Tuesday 22 June from 10-11am and will discuss the following areas:
- Inequalities and barriers faced by the LGBT+ community
- Equality, diversity and inclusion as a tool for quality improvement, a reminder of the Health and Social Care Standards and equality and human rights legislation
- Promoting LGBT+ inclusion within your service and the importance of making it visible
- How identifying as LGBT+ community can intersect with other parts of identity for example living with dementia or care experience
- Practical resources to help you, including the LGBT Health and Wellbeing: Proud to Care Dementia Toolkit and LGBT Youth Scotland Care Experienced Youth Commission’s top tips for creating safe environments for LGBT people in care settings
Registration is online
We will send you a link for the webinar approximately one week before the event.
Questions for discussion during the webinar should be sent to LGBT.Charter@careinspectorate.gov.scot