Skills for Care supports providers to create a well-led, skilled and valued adult social care workforce.
The updated ‘Good and outstanding care guide’ is ideal for providers who want to achieve or sustain a good or outstanding CQC rating. The guide also includes the recent changes to the Care Quality Commissions (CQC’s) inspection approach (introduced in November 2017).
The guide features examples of good and outstanding care and support, and how you can make it happen. It includes:
- tried and tested ways to prepare for inspection to demonstrate you’re meeting the CQC’s fundamental standards
- practical examples and recommendations from good and outstanding service providers
- tips on what to avoid and common pitfalls
- real-life examples of what’s impressed inspectors
- revised areas of inspection (introduced in November 2017).
Download the guide for free at: www.skillsforcare.org.uk/go
The ‘Good and outstanding care guide – extended workbook edition’ is also available with extra activities including questions and checklists to support providers reflect on their service. This helps to assess current performance and identify where improvements could be made.
The workbook edition can be purchased from Skills for Care’s online shop at: www.skillsforcare.org.uk/bookshop