Under plans to extend the social care workforce register, Social Care Wales proposes to register adult care home workers and residential family support workers from 2020, with mandatory registration from 2022.
To support this continued extension of the Register, a consultation has opened to harvest views about the following proposals:
- the requirements that adult care home workers and residential family centre support workers will need to meet to register with us
- the standards those workers will be expected to work to, including the draft practice guidance for adult care home workers.
To take part in the consultation, download the consultation document and complete the online survey.
Responses can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Care Wales is also seeking feedback about proposed changes to the current registration system. These are:
- allowing residential child care workers to initially register using the Social Care Wales Principles and Values Award
- changing registration in years two and three to prevent non-payment of registration fees
- adopting a more flexible way of recognising a social care worker as a manager in services that are without a manager for valid reasons
- streamlining the categories of workers on the Register.
The consultation will close at 5pm on Friday, 20 December.