Social Care Wales has launched an online training programme for people interested in a career in social care. This follows a pilot in four Welsh counties last year.
The three-day “Introduction to Social Care” programme provides an overview of work in the sector, the different roles available, along with an introduction to topics including safeguarding, health and safety, the use of PPE, the importance of language choice and communicating with people who use care and support.
Certificates are available for candidates who complete the programme, as well as level one safeguarding training.
An additional programme will be available for young people aged between 15 and 19 years old.
Places are available in February and March on the following dates:
- 10am to 2.30pm on 1, 8 and 15 February
- 10am to 2.30pm on 2, 9 and 16 February
- 10am to 2.30pm on 3, 10 and 17 February
- 10am to 2.30pm on 1, 8 and 15 March
- 10am to 2.30pm on 2, 9 and 16 March
- 10am to 2.30pm on 3, 10 and 17 March.