Care Inspectorate Wales has published guidance on how it will provide assurance on the quality and safety of services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Its approach will include:
- Regular check-in telephone calls with providers and Local Authorities to discuss problems or pressures
- Daily analysis of notifications including deaths reported in care homes
- Reviewing and following up on concerns, including inspection where necessary
- Monitoring services on our enforcement pathway
- Sharing information and intelligence about services with Public Health Wales, Welsh Government and commissioners to enable targeted support.